If you’ve been following my blog you’ll know I have an online jewellery shop with Etsy (a global online handmade marketplace who recently launch their TV Advert) and I’ve been a member of the Brighton Etsy Sellers Team since 2011. Etsy Teams offer a supportive network for Etsy sellers both on and offline. I’m lucky enough to be part of an enthusiastic and talented location based team (Brighton Etsy Team) who organise regular meet ups, free talks and events. The Brighton Etsy Team, run by Karli of Designosaur, now comprises over 600 Etsy members.
The latest venture, organised entirely by volunteers from the Brighton Etsy Team, is our very own Pop Up Shop. I was selected to be on the pop up committee for the Pop-up shop which was very exciting. My contributions so far have been…
Writing the Mission Statement:
“The Brighton Etsy Pop Up will…
- prove that the team power of many individuals can create something huge and exciting.
- be a collaboration between Etsy UK and the Brighton Sellers Team on Etsy.
- be an Official Etsy Pop Up Shop supporting by Etsy UK and open to the public during November 2014.
- be a retail outlet offering a handpicked selection of the most exciting variety of handmade and vintage products from the Brighton Etsy Team in one place.
- bring established local online businesses directly to the local community and give new online sellers a stage to showcase their work.
- bring individual designer makers together in the real world, exchanging their online shops for one unique bricks and mortar selling venue.
- offer a high street retail learning experience for individuals and small creative businesses in Brighton.
- not only be a retail outlet but will provide a platform for Etsy sellers to give live talks and run workshops for the public.”
Decorating the shop (designed by the talented Claire from In the Making) and planning the Shop Staff Rota!
After weeks of hard work by committee members (designosaur, helloDODO, In the Making, Jasmine + Hobbes, Catacakecreations, B millinery, Little Mountains, Sebastian Bolivar, I Like Cats, Woah there Pickle & eanjewellery) and help from We Are Pop Up and Etsy, our Brighton Etsy Team Pop Up Shop opened yesterday. We celebrated with a Private View Party last night. The shop and products in it look amazing!
The shop will be open everyday, until Sunday 7 December, with a wide variety of handmade and vintage items available; from prints, greetings cards and home furnishings, to jewellery, clothes, accessories and one-off unique finds. The shop will also be a creative hub for the month, with workshops and crafty activities taking place, and the chance to meet the designers behind the gifts you buy this festive season.
Why not come along to our all day launch day tomorrow, Saturday 8 November 2014, with live music, craft workshops, book signing by Super+Super. Find us at 16 Brighton Square, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1HD. I hope to see you there !
If you liked this and don’t want to miss out in future you can…
1. Like my Facebook fan page.
2. Follow me on Twitter.
3. Subscribe for email updates (top right of this web post.)
4. Use the Networked Blogs app on Facebook.
5. Subscribe to the RSS feed (top right of this web post.)
6. Sign up to My Monthly Newsletter.