I was drawn to Ann Jenkins’ work because of the interesting shapes, unique designs and textured enamel finishes. I have chosen the sky blue pod earrings by Ann Jenkins as my ‘Gem Of The Day’ as I find them intriguing, exciting and I want to touch them.
Ann began working as a studio jeweller in 1980s and lives and works at her home studio in Maine. Nature and colour are Ann’s inspiration. You can see this in the pod like shapes in her designs. She uses precious metal clay to create her jewellery designs before enamelling them. The resulting pieces are spare, direct and centre attention on found natural objects.
Click here to see Ann’s shopTui Zui. What do you think of Ann’s enamel jewellery designs? Please leave your comment below. Many thanks.
Click here to see who’s been my ‘Gem of The Day’ before? Which has been your favourite so far? Please leave a comment below. I’d love your feedback.
If you liked this and don’t want to miss out in future you can…
1. Press ‘like’ on my Facebook fan page.
2. Follow me on Twitter.
3. Subscribe for email updates (top right of this web post.)
4. Use the Networked Blogs app on Facebook.
5. Subscribe to the RSS feed (top right of this web post.)
6. Sign up to My Monthly Newsletter.Elizabeth Anne Norris Designer / Maker / Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org 0777 339 4413